A Reverse Mini-Bang is a variation on a fandom Big Bang: it's still a collaboration between artists and writers, but this time the art inspires the fic (the "reverse") and the stories are shorter (the "mini"). For SPRMB 2012, we're asking authors to come up with a story of 1,500 - 8,000 words.
SPRMB 2012 TIMELINE
Artist sign-ups close: July 15, 2012
Author sign-ups open: August 18, 2012
Author sign-ups close: August 31, 2012
Author assignments sent: September 6, 2012
Fic due: October 6, 2012
- You do not need a LiveJournal account to participate! If you don't have one, you may post your sign-up anonymously or using OpenID, or make an account here.
- If you dropped out of SPBB 2012 after the deadline or if you failed to respond to our attempts to contact you, we regret that you are not eligible to participate in SPRMB 2012. (This is not a permanent ban; there will be a chance for redemption during SPBB 2013).
- One (1) single-panel illustration per artist. (In other words, comic strips or any other sequential art will not be accepted for this event. Please understand that this is to give authors the freedom to interpret without having to worry about linking multiple moments together.)
- All characters should be from South Park (series/movie/both). No crossover characters. No original characters.
- Other than that, there are no content requirements or restrictions. All genres and ratings are fine.
- Please keep in mind that you want to inspire a story with this. That doesn't mean your picture has to be action-packed, of course: inspiration can come in small and subtle ways, too. If you can imagine a "before" and an "after" to the moment you depict, chances are a writer will be able to imagine it, too--even if they don't imagine the exact story you do. (Hey, that's part of the fun, right?)
- Finished quality, please. Think of this as your final draft, the work you would turn in to be published in an art book.
- Color and/or black and white are equally fine. Line art is also fine, as long as the lines are clean and the piece is finished.
- Minimum size: 600px/side. Maximum size: 1800 px/side.
- Format: .jpg, .png, or animated .gif.
ART DEADLINE & SUBMITTING YOUR FINAL PIECE
- Finished pieces are due August 15, 2012.
- Please send your completed picture as an attachment to southparkbigbang @ gmail.com.
- Please use the subject line: [ART] - your name.
- Please also be sure to include your name in the name of the file.
- Please be sure to include the Art Submission Form (sent in the sign-up confirmation email).
REQUESTING EXTENSIONS & DROPPING OUT
- We're very sorry, but we are not granting art extensions for this event.
- If you need to drop out, we would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Please note that, for artists in the SP Reverse Mini-Bang, dropping out at any point up to the deadline will not ban you from future SPBB events. Failure to communicate, on the other hand, puts you in jeopardy. So please do send a quick email if you drop.
POSTING YOUR ART
- Art and stories will be hosted at the official event website.
- Please do not post your art ANYWHERE until the SP Reverse Mini-Bang Archive has gone live. Once the archive is up, we encourage you to post a thumbnail preview with a link to the full piece on the site (we'll email you the link to your page; that's when you'll know you can post the preview). Please wait until one month after the archive opens to post your full piece yourself (again, we'll email once you're free to post).
- Wherever and whenever you post when the time comes, we ask that you include mention of SP Reverse Mini-Bang and link to the archive.
If you're ready to sign up, head over to this post. If you have any questions, please send an email to Miaou (SPRMB Art Coordinator) at southparkbigbang @ gmail.com.